Friday, September 01, 2006

I’m Ba-ack—With a new look too!


Wow! I can’t believe that I rode in ALC5 only 3 months ago. It seems like last year. I had family visiting today and they jogged my memories about the ride. My how I miss it. I laughed and nearly cried looking over my past blogs. Funny how at one time when I chipped that bone in my foot, I didn’t think I was going to be able to ride. Thanks to all of you who supported me during that time, especially Julie and Mariann (I miss working out with you guys), Mike E, Chris R and Jaclyn.

Also a HUGE thank you to all of you who supported me both financially and emotionally before, during and after the ride. Thank you also for the emails, flowers, phone calls, cards, etc that you sent me congratulating me on my ride. You all are so awesome!

I’ve spent the summer hanging with friends doing things that I hadn’t gotten a chance to do. I spent my birthday in Monterey and enjoyed riding my bike around the Bay. The summer was also filled with jet skiing, mini reunions with fellow cyclists and occasional visits to the ALC office to visit the amazing ALC staff. I did ride with Team Ventura a few times and even had the pleasure of having my friend and co-worker Chris R join me in my training.

It has been an emotional summer, dealing with the highs of the ride and then the sadness of it being over. It is very true, you change and grow as a person on this ride. I also miss the camaraderie of my fellow cyclists. One of the things I miss most aside from riding, is my tent mate Tsufit. I miss our late night talks and giggling right before lights out. She is such a sweetheart. She is still safe living in Israel. My thoughts have been with her and her family amidst the war going on there. Thank you to those who never met her, but yet still ask how she is doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. *embarrassed* .. I must say that the best thing that happened to me on this ride is meeting u. I was looking forward to see your blog getting updated :) I will keep on checking on ya!

Anonymous said...

ay ay ay ... mami linda , you make this bike look good..
nice page you got now.. and you look great it should be illegal to look as good as you...well besides that . you are also a beautiful person inside and out...
i will always be glad i met you... and you will always have a special place in my heart...

see you soon..

D.S