Friday, September 01, 2006

Cross Training


Chris R. and I have a sport exchange thing happening. I am getting him into cycling and he is getting me into rock climbing/ bouldering. I have incorporated bouldering into my weekly workout program and hope to join him for rock climbing excursions as well. (btw: that is not me in the photo--I wish it were though)

Speaking of working out, I did stop training and riding for about a month or two, but started back into it this week (I currently have a 2 week trial pass to Ballys and have been going every day). I was going to be working out with someone, but they just decided that they will be moving out of California the end of September. So it will be up to me to stay disciplined on my own. I hope to start riding my bike again on the weekends mid-September, beginning October. Fingers crossed.

I am also considering entering the Santa Clarita 5K in November again. Last year I had gotten within a mile from the start and the car I was traveling in got a flat tire and I missed the run. The year before I had a business trip. So, I might try and do it again this year. Maybe the third times a charm.

Since I love cycling so much I did take a “Comprehensive Bike Maintenance” class at REI a couple weeks ago. It was a huge learning experience and hopefully I can now make more adjustments to my bike on my own.

No comments: