Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My First Half Century of the Season

I had a wonderfully lovely day on Sunday 4/1. Heather, who will be my tent mate this year, and I rode all around. We trained together last year and rode a few days on the ride together as well. Again perfect weather was gleaming down on us!! We started at her place in West Hollywood and right off the bat climbed Nichols Canyon. Lovely! Then we coasted down hill into Griffith Park did a loop around and saw some fellow ALCers. We then road further into the Valley and did a little more hill climbing, stopped off at Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks and then it was up and over Sepulveda through the VA. Heather and I had already done a couple hills and figured why not do another, so we climbed Bundy to Mt St Mary’s up top. I was remembering that last year when I climbed Bundy, I ended up walking my bike (cross training) for a portion of it. It was a very pleasant surprise that I was able to climb it after climbing 2 other hills with out a problem. Yay!! We flew down San Vicente and turned around at Ocean, then headed back to West Hollywood via many stop signs and a few rolling hills. I had completed my first half century this season. YAY!! Heather and I spent the day peddling down memory lane, reflecting on last years ride & training. We celebrated by eating a late lunch… it was delish!

No comments: