Saturday, May 26, 2007

Giant Training

Well, I am just about all packed and ready to leave for my ride. I did my last training ride today, a quick 15 miler. I have cleaned and oiled my chain and thanks to Lance (one of my co-workers) my bicycle has passed a saftey check. I have fine tuned and am ready to go. The photo attached is of Patrick & Jean two of a few whom I train with at lunch. I can't believe that the ride is already here...

I will leave to a friends house, Beth Parks, on Thursday and will head up to SF on Friday at 5:30am. Saturday is (June 2nd) is Orientation Day and Sunday we ride out early in the morning...I mean early morning. Call time is 5:00 am for Opening Ceremonies. I hope that the alarm goes off this year. Last year my alarm never went off and when I awoke I had 15 minutes to get ready, checked out and over to the Cow Palace. Some how I made it in time. I wish for things to go more smoothly this year. My mom will probably be leaving nightly updates of my daily adventures so be sure to tune in...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deanne - it's 2pm on sunday, june 3 and you are no doubt about 2/3rd of the way thru your ride...I know this because I've trained with you at Giant!!

Good luck! We miss you at work, but know you are doing a terrific, wonderous thing by riding the ALC!

Patrick