Monday, November 06, 2006

Back to Where it All Began


Well, I completed my first back to back ride since The Big Ride in June. After completing 25 miles on Saturday in Griffith Park, I completed another 22 on Sunday riding with Team Ventura. Team Ventura is such a great group of people. It was a beautiful morning. It got surprisingly warm, dry and windy on the way back. It had been a while since I had been in headwinds, so it was good practice for me. At our mid point we stopped off at the Santa Paula Airport restaurant that overlooked the airfield. They were also having an open house and had a couple Military jeeps and such out on display. I rode with Casey Keller most of the day. I learned a lot from him. He serenaded on the way back from Santa Paula singing old TV show theme songs. After the ride we all went to lunch to celebrate Mom & Dad’s 46th Wedding Anniversary. Casey’s wife Vicky was very sweet and brought a cake and balloons for Mom & Dad and all of us to enjoy! Yummy!! This ride is very sentimental to me. It was my first full fledge training ride with the ALC this past February. It was great riding it again.

No comments: