Monday, April 14, 2008

Rides I've Done Since ALC 6

Well, after last years ALC ride, I had was side lined with a knee injury. Which really frustrated me. I was not able to do much until Oct 2008. Thinking that it was a short term injury and that being off of it for a month I did the Cool Breeze Ride in August. That was the last ride I did until the Solvang ride. Which was absolutely gorgeous!! I then took it easy and did the Tour de Foothills with my friend Chris. It was actually the shadow of the Tour de Foothills because once we started (we had a late start) we never saw another person from the ride until the finish line. I also got the opportunity to do my first century ride of the year-- Tour of Palm Springs. It was so much fun. I road with my friends RaeLynn and Heidi. It was so exciting to see them both finish their first century.

Well, now I am training for what they call the most beautiful ride in California--The Wildflower ride in San Louis Obispo. We are heading up on April 25th to rest up and ride bright and early on Apr 26th. Most of us are doing the 75 miler due to our work and training schedules. Next year I will need to do the 100 miler. It has 6500 ft of climbing that is 500 more than I did last year at the Cruisin the Conejo, which I am thinking of doing again this year. We'll see how things go with the Wildflower ride.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great time on your ride :)
Tsuf.